Wednesday, July 4, 2012

FO: Child-gloves

You know how children will colour in clothes or a house or whatever they're drawing in all the colours they'd like it to be, without regard for the colour boundaries drawn on the page? I stopped doing that when I was reasonably young, because I wanted my drawings to be realistic, and real clothes/houses/misc. didn't look like that.

HOW WRONG YOU WERE, SEVEN-YEAR-OLD JEN!




Backstory: My sister's friend's mother fell and shattered her hip recently. My sister asked if I would make her a pair of gloves and a scarf, because sitting around gets cold. (The photos make the weather look lovely, but this is the first bit of sun in quite some time. Oh Ireland.)  She also asked that they be multi-coloured and mismatched, for added fun! I think she thought she was helping me use up yarn ends, but really what it meant was weaving in a million yarn tails. It did get rid of some of the contents of my bag of tiny little balls of yarn I might use up in something someday, sure there's a bit too much left to just throw them out, though, so there's that.



I think I heard somewhere that red and pink clash, but I elected to ignore that advice. I clearly don't know what colours go together, but I think the one on the right works well with itself!


I can't splay the fingers on my left hand without bending them back, I don't know what that's about.

I'm really happy with how they turned out, they're awfully fun gloves. I put off my other wips to get them done, because I thought it would be fiddly and tedious, but I got them done in two evenings of knitting and watching Dylan Moran shows. I might make more!

No comments: