Wednesday, March 14, 2012

wip Wednesday: DNA scarf

I started this yesterday.  It's nice to be working on something new!

Pattern

The yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino.  It's finer than I'd usually use for scarves, but the projects on Ravely that used it look great.  I'm also concerned that it's a bit narrow, but that should be fixed by blocking at the end - I'll have to do it for the cables anyway.

Close-up of the double-helix.


I'm really excited about this scarf! It's been in my Ravelry queue for a while. Combining science-nerdiness with knitting-nerdiness makes me a specific kind of happy. I'd like to make something with the double helix pattern for myself somewhere down the line. After this I just have to make a pair of socks for my mum's birthday, then I'll be free to work on whatever! Or study for finals. Mostly study for finals. But still!

No comments: