Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mars Bar Cake

One of my not-written-down-because-that-way-it-doesn't-count-if-I-break-it new year's resolutions was to update this at least once a fortnight.  It's a good exercise in writing.  I keep a diary, but that's more for the sake of memories and chronology, so if I'm busy an entry can be something like "Woke up late, lectures fine, lab report took forever, didn't get around to doing X" where X = the most pressing item on my to-do list.  For this, though, I know other people are reading it (stats are addictive), so articulation seems worthwhile, even if it's just talking about yarn.  I have been fierce busy and not had time to make things, but for the sake of an update, here is the recipe for Mars Bar Cake.

You will need:
  • 3 King-size/ 5 snack-size Mars Bars
  • 3 oz. margarine (not essential but it makes the chocolate melt a little smoother, and means things won't burn the second you turn your back)
  • 1 tbsp Golden syrup (again, not essential)
  • 3 big Mint Crisp Bars
  • 1 big Dairy Milk Bar
  • Rice Krispies

I don't know what the size of the Cadbury's bars I mean is termed.  Not the huge ones, but the ones usually only sold in Supermarkets, bigger than you'd get a new's agents of at the checkout.  You know the ones.

  • Melt the Mars Bars, margarine, golden syrup and half of one Mint Crisp Bar in a saucepan.  It might seems like it's done for a while, with lumps taking a while to melt, but it'll be clear when it's done. It's very smooth.
  • Stir in Rice Krispies until the consistency feels right.  (This is a very "sure, you know yourself" recipe, but it's hard to go wrong with it.)
  • Pour into a square pan.
  • Melt the Cadbury's chocolate in the microwave, pour over Krsipies.
  • Leave in the fridge to set.
  • Om nom nom.
And here is one I made yesterday for my dad's birthday!  It went down well.

No comments: