Sunday, May 9, 2010

Treble Clef Illusion Knit Scarf


I made this scarf for my little brother for Christmas. The pattern is Kimberley Kwon's Musical Illusion Knit, from Ravelry. This is the first time I've done any illusion knitting - I got a fair way into it, convinced myself I was following the pattern wrongly, ripped it out, realised the same thing was happening again, realised I'd been right the first time. And I wonder where my time goes. It also took me some time to convince my family that there was a treble clef there (to be fair, it's not the easiest angle to see). The photo was a help!

The yarn is Debbie Bliss Como, which is very soft and cosy. It'd be nice to make a jumper out of were it not kind of expensive. I am currently (read: in between making other presents and studying for/sitting exams) making this top, which is kind of a jumper, but I want to make a big snuggly jumper sometime. As soon as I find some cheap, chunky wool.

No comments: